2020 National Prep Wrestling Championships Schedule
Thursday, February 20, 2020– Saturday, February 22, 2019
Stabler Arena at Historic Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Note: This is the correct schedule for the 2020 National Prep Wrestling Championships. For a PDF version of the schedule, please click here.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 09, 2020
Registration and payment window opens. You can begin to officially enter team rosters on the registration website. Click here to go to the registration site. All registration and seeding information, as well as making payments need to be done on the registration website!
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2020 4:00 PM. Deadline for all entries to be done on the web pages.
For information regarding team and individual eligibility, please click here.
All wrestlers competing in the National Prep Wrestling Championships must be in compliance with their weight management program and eligible to compete at their correct weight. Please click here to go to the National Prep Weight Management page.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17 4:00 PM through WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2020 4:00 PM
Deadline for payment of entries via web site.
Payments may be completed by credit card on line or by overnighting a check made payable to “Lehigh University” postmarked no later than Tuesday, February 19, 2020.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2020 – 5:00 PM
Verification of seeds with your regional representative.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2020 – REGISTRATION AND SKIN EXAMINATIONS
At 5:30 PM the Stabler Arena front doors will open for Registration and Skin Examinations
Bring the signed coach and Wrestler Medical Attestation Forms. Teams will not be permitted to Register without these completed forms.
Registration and Skin Check Schedule: 5:35 PM – 7:30 PM
5:30 PM – New England
5:45 PM – Virginia
6:00 PM – Pennsylvania
6:15 PM – Tennessee, Texas, and North Carolina
6:30 PM – Maryland
6:45 PM – New Jersey, New York, District of Columbia
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2020
All Times are approximate (8 mats all day)
7:00 AM – Rear Doors Open to Coaches and Participants with stamps or wrist bands
7:30 AM – Weigh Ins for All Weights
9:00 AM – Wrestling Begins: Rounds of 32 and Consolations
~11:30 AM – Rounds of 16 and Consolations
~4:00 PM – Coaches Meeting
~5:00 PM – Quarterfinals and Consolations
~6:30 PM – Consolations
~8:00 PM – Wrestling concludes
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2020
7:00 AM – Rear Doors Open to Coaches and Participants with stamps or wrist bands
7:30 AM – Second Day Weigh In +1 pound. Weigh Ins in Weight Class order for all weight classes
8:30 AM – 11:00 AM – Wrestling through Consolations and Semi-Finals
Semis on 2 Cons on 2 – Semi Cons on 4
12:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Finals on 4 Mats
85th ANNUAL NATIONAL PREP TOURNAMENT
FEBRUARY 21, 2020 – FEBRUARY 22, 2020
1. All wrestling competition will be held in Stabler Arena. Eight mats will be used for the competition on Friday. Stabler Arena does not provide adequate locker and shower facilities so it is strongly recommended that teams change and shower at their place of residence.
2. Each team will be allowed a participants pass for each “competing wrestler” that is listed on the entry form, plus up to four (4) additional passes if needed for: (2) Coaches, (1) Manager, (1) Trainer. The number of additional passes will be allocated proportional to the competing team size. No additional participant passes will be offered or sold beyond the number allotted.
3. Entry Fee will be $70.00 per wrestling weight class entered and payable only after regional qualification confirmed on site or by the Region Rep.
4. Ticket Prices
a. Friday $26.00
b. Saturday $26.00
c. Two Day Ticket $42.00
d. Children 5 and under are free
e. Ticket Prices include all appropriate taxes
All teams are expected to provide their own lodging and meals. Housing options are offered on the web page under the “Lodging Link”. You may use www.discoverlehighvalley.com for further options. Please advise all members of your team and their family of your hotel accommodations and the appropriate hotel phone number.
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
Schools, participants, and spectators are not permitted to bring food or beverages in Stabler Arena. Only fluids carried by individual participating wrestlers will be allowed into the contestant’s entrance. No glass containers or coolers are permitted. The Stabler Arena Concessions menu contains an array of foods available for purchase.
MEDICAL SERVICES INFORMATION:
1. Each school is responsible for the physical well being of its respective team members upon their arrival. However, the National Prep Medical Staff has the final jurisdiction over all injuries or accidents occurring during competition.
2. All wrestlers will have a thorough skin exam at registration. The Tournament Medical Staff will make final determinations.
3. The entry fee will not be refunded for medically disqualified participants.
4. Certified and licensed trainers will be permitted to be on the floor and issued wristbands appropriately with proof of proper credentials.
Medical Services at the National Prep Tournament will be provided by Coordinated Health. As an established orthopedic and sports medicine leader, Coordinated Health brings a high level of experience and expertise to this event. Athletic trainers will be available before, during and after the meet to care for injuries. The tournament will feature a designated
Coordinated Health Athletic Training area for off-mat treatment with select modalities. To streamline the treatment processes, athletes may find it helpful to bring a note from their home school athletic trainer detailing the specifics of their injury and treatment needs. Such information is certainly not mandatory but may be helpful in expediting the
athlete’s treatment sessions. Coordinated Health is proud to partner with the National Prep tournament and we look forward to a healthy tournament for all involved. For more information, email email@example.com or check us out on the web at coordinatedhealth.com
OFFICIAL ENTRY INFORMATION:
1. Official potential entries should be registered via the web site no later than Friday, February 14, 2020 @ 4:00PM. Make sure all potential wrestlers are showing. Fill out all relevant information as to previous year placement and weight class. You will be asked to declare and pay for your expected entries by weight after regional qualification. Questions about special circumstances should be emailed for directions.
2. Only one wrestler can wrestle per weight class.
3. NO ENTRY FEE REFUNDS.
4. Positively no additions to team roster will be allowed after receipt of Official Entry Form.
5. A two- (2) lb. growth allowance as per National Federation guidelines. (Rule 4-4-4) The only other acceptable weight allowance is for consecutive days of competition.
6. Our acknowledgement of receipt of this form will include the listing of wrestlers on the web site.
7. ALL payments, whether by credit card o r check must be received by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, February 19, 2020. Credit card info will be entered via the web site; if not the entry will not be accepted. $70.00 for each weight class entered. This process can take place after the regional qualification is confirmed.
8. If you must pay by check, make check payable to “Lehigh University” - please note ‘National Prep’ on check in addition to your school name and overnight it to:
National Prep Tournament Lehigh University
124 Goodman Dr
Bethlehem, PA 18015
9. On Thursday, February 20, registration will be held from 5:30 PM to 7:30PM with skin check starting at 5:35 PM in Stabler Arena. This year the registrations will be as per the registration schedule that appears on the web site and page 1 of this document. When a team comes in for its scheduled appearance they will go to skin check as a team. Please note that the doors to Stabler will not open until 5:30 PM so please make your travel plans accordingly.
10. Weight Certification. We ask that you follow the National Prep Weight Certification Guidelines as to weight certification. This requires that you set a minimum weight class for each competitor and follow the other new rules of relevance. The means of setting that weight class may vary from region to region. You may be asked to provide documentation if challenged.
11. Note: Schools are expected to use the NWCA/Tanita Weight Management Program via www.nwcaonline.com. Those schools fully utilizing and properly recording their body fat, hydration and weight reduction and season weigh ins and results can use this as their method of certification.
12. Weigh-Ins. We are going to have the initial weigh-in starting at 7:30 AM Friday. You will have one chance to make weight other than immediately challenging on the other scales (Rule 4-5-1). There will be no opportunity to lose weight at Stabler. There will be a second weigh-in Saturday morning prior to the session. More information on this procedure will be made available as time progresses
13. Regional Qualifier numbers