The 2024 VISAA State Wrestling Tournament
February 16-17, 2024 at Benedictine College Preparatory, Richmond, VA. Tournament information will be posted here once it becomes available.
Information to Coaches & Athletic Directors: 2023 VISAA State Wrestling Tournament
The VISAA is proud to host the 52nd VISAA State Wrestling Tournament. Please read the following information and share it with your parents, wrestlers, and staff.
DATES: Fri & Sat, February 17 & 18
SITE: Benedictine College Preparatory located at 12829 River Rd, Richmond, VA 23238
Athletic Facility: McMurtrie-Reynolds Pavilion
FOLLOW US ON THE INTERNET: Tournament information and updates can be viewed on internet at Track Wrestling.com Search for: VISAA State Wrestling Tournament 2022
General Information: Tim Donahue, Director of Tournament
Cell: 804-837-8051 E-mail: email@example.com
Track Wrestling Manager: Tom Riley (Report all changes to your lineup to Tom)
HOSPITALITY: A hospitality area will be provided for coaches and officials directed by BCP parents boosters. We ask all other team parents to help chip in and provide goodies to supplement what the BCP parents provide. Contact: Amy Foldes at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPACE FOR TEAMS: There will be space available for teams to put your coolers & food on. Yes, teams can bring food into the facility. Bring your own folding table.
Limited SHOWERS AVAILABLE: Benedictine does have a few showers available.
Schedule of Events
Friday, February 17th
3:00 pm - Weigh-ins (by team) at Benedictine & Skin Checks & Doors Open to public for tickets sales.
Two (2) pounds over scratch weight if wrestler has met NWCA guidelines. Each team must produce an NWCA-generated weigh-in sheet that reflects most recent weigh-in. Please have your wrestlers clean shaven, nails cut and in possession of any necessary VHSL skin clearance forms (a doctor’s note alone is not sufficient). The VHSL skin clearance form must be the 2021-2022 Wrestling Skin Lesion Form. Mouthguards and hair coverings must be presented if required.
5:00 pm - Wrestling begins in this order and will be continuous. The # of matches below is estimated (from previous years).
• Championship Round 1 (round of 32) on 4 mats (Approx. 40 matches)
• Consolation Round 1 – most likely all byes (0 matches last tournament)
• Championship Round 2 (round of 16) on 4 mats (Approx. 108 matches)
• Consolation Round 2 on 4 mats (Approx. 40 matches)
• Championship Quarterfinals on 4 mats (56 matches)
• Consolation Round 3 on 4 mats (56 matches)
Saturday, February 18th
8:00 am Weigh-ins (by weight class) & Skin Checks (1 additional pound)
9:30 am Wrestling continues in this order
• Consolation Round 4 on 4 mats (56 matches)
• Championship Semi-Finals on 2 mats (28 matches) and Consolation Round 5 on 3 mats (28 matches) running concurrently
• Consolation Round 6 (Consolation Semi-Finals) on 4 mats (28 matches)
• Placement matches (3rd – 7th) matches run concurrently on 4 mats.
• Championship matches (1st and 2nd) one mat.
• Awards. Wrestlers placing 1-8 are to wear a warmup or top identifying their school for podium pictures. Awards schedule TBA. A picture of all champions will be taken at the conclusion of the awards.